Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beautiful


Every morning at drop off (and often again at pick up time), I go to my mailbox in hopes that there will be a new auction donation waiting.  Almost every day there is something new and it's like it's my birthday, only better.  Each envelope I open contains some new surprise.  I get completely excited about it, think about how perfect it would be (as a treat for me, a mother's day present, a gift for my friend's new baby), but I don't actually have to figure out where I can put it or who I know that actually has a new baby.  (I could still use a nice mother's day present.)  

Some of my favorites  are the things you can't really find in stores.   An architectural consultation over lunch at Amherst Chinese?  A hand-knit Gryffindor scarf?  Or the beautiful blown-glass ornament you see above.  OK, maybe you can find some glass ornaments in stores but this one and two others were made by Steven Caines (father of Alexis in the Blue Nursery) which is cool enough, but can you see how it somehow manages to be amazingly colorful and reflective of light and surroundings at the same time?  Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment