Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Grandparents

Oh the beloved grandparents! They are so generous with us and our kids, and we would be nowhere (literally, of course), without them. But Maddie and I are just blown away by the auction support from this particular group. We've gotten donations big and small, and some that I can't even boast about in this particular entry because they are to be anonymous. But I thought I'd share a few.


Orlee (P2), Tess (Green Nursery), and Esme's (Green Nursery) grandmother has knit a stunning sweater and hat set for a baby-sized person. It's made of super-fine wool and is so darling that, if you're done having babies, it will make you sigh and wonder what lucky friend you should try to get it for.

Closer to my home, Ben (E1)and Birdy's (P1) paternal grandfather, has donated this item, to be delivered at some future date: "One honey-brined and hickory-smoked 15-pound organic turkey." Now I have eaten said turkey, I am happy to say, on many Thanksgivings, and I always tell Larry, "It's the only turkey I've every lain awake fantasizing about." This is true: so smoky-rich and crazy flavorful you will think about it for months afterwards.
Or there's their maternal grandma, my own mom, who has been making stunning handbags out of recycled cashmere sweaters. They are lined in heavy mauve silk satin, and they are perfect and gorgeous. I think she's putting up three for auction, and she has made me swear I won't bid on them. But I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment