Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More pretty things

Today I am particularly in love with all of the hand-made, hand-knit, hand-crafted beauties that are streaming in.  And then there are the paintings!  I want to post a picture of every single one.  A set of stunning earrings.  A watercolor landscape.  A small zippered pouch.  And to be honest, I have tried to find a way to get all of those photos up here but I am not quite technically savvy enough yet.  I'll keep working on it.  For now, I am hoping that these quick photos, taken on my back step, will do.



That very top image is a 9"x9" oil by Connecticut artist M. Trisha Barry, painted on hand-made clay tile.  This bottom picture is an amazing iron plant hanger, skillfully (and unbelievably to me) hand-forged by Common School alum Eric Donnelly.  OK, the middle basket was not hand-made by anyone we know but it is cool and has been hand-woven by someone.  Someone in Africa in fact.  And they did it using telephone wire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment